What is the carbon fiber materialWhat is the carbon fiber
Carbon Fiber is a polymer and is sometimes known as graphite fiber. It is a very strong material that is also very lightweight. Carbon fiber is five-times stronger than steel and twice as stiff. Though carbon fiber is stronger and stiffer than steel, it is lighter than steel; making it the ideal manufacturing material for many parts. These are just a few reasons why carbon fiber is favored by engineers and designers for manufacturing.
Carbon fiber is made of thin, strong crystalline filaments of carbon that is used to strengthen material. Carbon fiber can be thinner than a strand of human hair and gets its strength when twisted together like yarn. Then it can be woven together to form cloth and if needed to take a permanent shape, carbon fiber can be laid over a mold and coated in resin or plastic.
On top of being strong, carbon fiber:
● Is high in stiffness
● Is high in tensile strength
● Has a low weight to strength ratio
● Is high in chemical resistance
● Is temperature tolerant to excessive heat
● Has low thermal expansionBecause of this, carbon fiber is very popular in many industries such as aerospace, automotive, military, and recreational applications.
Our sales team will assist you.subscriptionCompany